Sunday 21 June 2015

Blood Brother

Do I miss you? Like hell I do. Do I hate to admit it? Yes. Was I guilty? Yes I was. Remember that stroll we used to have in the school corridor, we strode without any fear, walked with a resonating rhythm and we were blood brothers for life. We connected in almost everything we did together. We were identical in so many ways. We both loved pop and rock music, Michael Jackson being our favorite. We used to sing the Beatles’ tracks on top of our voices until the teacher detected us. We were so fascinated by technology that we could talk all day on it. What attached me with you was your simplicity and passion. Be it quizzes, a jamming session in the classroom, or the Colin Mc Rae Dirt videogame, we were partners in crime and whatever we did together, we rocked it. Since you were a southpaw, I was startled at the way you could effortlessly write with your left hand, though you had such a scrawled up handwriting. You had questionable ambidextrous skills and it was hilarious to see you pick up the spoon with your right hand. Life was ‘insanely great’ with you brother, as Steve Jobs would say it. I chose to part my ways with you for some unmentionable reasons. It is a sin I’d condemn my entire life. But then I track your whereabouts from our common friends and am happy that you are doing really good. I care for you. I wish we could have remained friends for the rest of our lives. Friends like you are rare gems. I wish you were a little less shy and a little more assertive. We will see highs and lows in life, be rich and famous one day like we promised each other and stand up and show the world what we are!

0 comments:

Post a Comment