Saturday 25 June 2016

DIY Home Decor


When I was a kid, I was extremely fond of cartoons; especially I would eagerly wait for the matinee Barbie movie, every Sunday. I would cling to the TV for whole two hours, with an unflinching gaze in wonder. Apart from the pretty Barbie, dancing effortlessly, dressed in a charming ball gowns, I would always notice the elegant background in awe and delight. The antique chandelier, Rosy tapestries with hints of royal purple hung in a majestic fashion and oh! The exquisite vintage candle holders, dimly lighting the wall hangings; made my eyes sparkle. It made me crave for something as charming and delicate. Strangely, I always had a fetish for antiques. The rustic appearances they boast have always mesmerized me.
But as much as I love them, I am aware that the antiques available in the market would definitely make a big hole in our pockets. Moreover, they aren’t customized the way we have dreamt of our dream home.
That’s when I stumbled upon DIYs- Yes! Do It Yourself! And in no time fell in love with it.
Now, if you want to spruce up your bedroom or give a unique look to your living space, and you are tired of searching an ideal shop to find that perfect vintage piece, don’t look any further. Make it yourself and bask in glory every time, someone showers them with praises!


Below I have enlisted 10 adorable DIYs which I find most interesting and give your space a rustic, vintage look this season. They beautiful, cheap and super easy to make. You can find the raw materials in flea markets or your nearby craft stores. ;)

1. Tea Cup Candles
Do you have an old Tea set you probably never liked? It’s time to put that to use.

To see the tutorial, click here.


2.Floral Mirrors

Time to go pretty and spring!
To see the tutorial, click here.

3. Vintage Bedside Table


To see the tutorial, click here.

4. Vintage Tin Candles


Instead of throwing them in trash, collect all the old used tins and voila!
To see the tutorial, click here.

5.  Mason jar candle holder : Too charming to resist.

6.  Magical Keys :They unlock doors to enthralling beauty.

7. Vintage Pen StandGive your study table, a new definition.

8. Edgy WindowsRemember the time when your house was brand new. The walls looked sturdy and windows cheery. But seasons passed and it doesn’t look cheery anymore. Moreover, people passing across it calls your house haunted because of its dilapidated condition. Do your windows look shabby and old? Here’s a way to make them attractive again.
To see the tutorial, click here.

9. Wall hangingsKeep it chic and groove in style

10. The ultimate quiltIt will keep you warm through the roughest weather.

To see the tutorial, click here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment